Hospices of Hope is the leading palliative care charity in South Eastern Europe with over 25 years experience. At hospice we believe that everyone deserves the best possible care at the end of life. However in developing countries like Romania, Serbia, Moldova or Albania many patients still die in pain without being offered any physical, spiritual or emotional comfort. Regarding Albania, Hospices of Hope has currently the focus on increasing access to palliative care services on the national level while working and supportinglocal organizations that dedicate their services to those that are suffering of life limiting conditions.
FUNDRAISER. Full Time. Evening and weekend work for events might be expected during big annual events. Some travel might be involved. Reports to Country Manager. Location Tirana.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop fundraising plan and strategies to achieve desired goals
- Managing a database of prospective and current donors ( each for their own responsible segment)
- Involvement in face-to-face work, formal pitches
- Event management from coming up with an idea to planning and execution.
- Developing individual relationships with major donors and community fundraisers
- Take part in strategic planning to increase awareness of the organization
- Communicate with the mass media to promote the organization and events
- Manage and develop the organization’s social media, newsletters, promotional videos and website
- Work to develop and deliver marketing and promotional materials in Albanian and English
- Promote the work and activities of the organization in Albania and beyond
- Create a strong presence at and ensure smooth delivery of all events
- Other duties as required by Country Manager
Requirements and qualifications
- Empathy and positive attitude towards our cause
- Fundraising is all about strategy, organization, research, marketing, administration, inspiration and motivation. You’ll also need excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- English is mandatory
- Knowledgeable researcher
- Great networker
- Innovative and creative individual
- Team player
- University degree, minimum BA level
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, event management and/or sales of minimum 3-5 years
- Previous work experience in charities, desirable not mandatory
- Driving license
Those interested are invited to send their CV and cover letter to Hospices of Hope Country Manager RalucaMuntean at email@example.com by 12 o’clock, 22 October. Please write in the subject of the email Fundraiser and Event Manager Albania.